A 3 mile walk from the Tower with an expert guide viewing some of the key installations around the former air base.
This walk takes just over 2 hours and takes in the following sites:
- Control Tower – with its exhibitions and observation deck
- WW2 Memorials – commemorates two accidents in December 1944
- Old runway – the original tarmac at the taxiway crossover point
- Chemical decontamination suite on the business park (outside only)
- Fire plane used for fire training
- Ground Launched Cruise Missile Alert and Maintenance Area (outside only)
- The Blue Gate of the Womens’ Peace Camp.
Cost £5. For more information and to purchase tickets visit the website: